Respect to L


Today my post is dedicated to this lady, my friend , I respect immensely. A lot  has been said and written about Single Moms. Whether they become Single Mom by choice as in Adoption, like Sushmita Sen or circumstances like Divorce or death of the partner, it is indeed a tough position. It’s a place where you have the responsibility of your child and duty of both the parents. You need to shift gears between The Mom state and the Father role and as kids demand it these days, even friend.

My friend has two lovely boys. They are the most well behaved , mature kids I know. She lost her accident at a very young age, on this day some years back. She went through problems, heartbreak, and her lowest phase but did not leave her dignity, her self respect , her responsibility as a mother, daughter or even daughter in law for a nano-second. I asked her, were you always this strong? She says, she is a woman. Woman are born strong, it’s just that they discover their true strength when life throws challenges on them.

We all go through our cycle of challenges and hardship. A lot of us sit and cry “why me” . A lot of us live a happy life, but still crib on the smallest of issues like no car, AC broke off, bad pay and bad government. I do not remember a single incident where I have heard this woman crib about the quality of her life. She fondly remembers her husband, the good times they had, the beautiful kids he gave her and the love that will last this life-time. She has kept him alive and happy in her thoughts. She feels his presence as if he still walks with her although in the other world.

I understand the pain her heart holds. I have some idea of her yearnings. I know that behind this tough and smiling exterior lies a woman who needs a hug and a gentle kiss, and a shoulder to lean on, on a rainy day. But she is a Mother now. A mother who is also a father. A mother who cherish her two kids and is determined to give them a life that their father imagined.

I salute you L. I have learned a lot from you. You are truly inspiring and lucky is your husband who lived his best years touched by your love. Believe me when I say, He loves you from the heaven above. He looks at you from there. And you make him very proud each day.

Inspired,

M

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It took me 30+ years to be this AWESOME!

Definition

The Bachelorette Bash