It took me 30+ years to be this AWESOME!



So today is the youngest I will ever be in my life because come tomorrow and another year will be added to my Age.  This thought revealed some not so happy emotions from that hidden corner in my mind (or heart! Can’t make one from the other ).

Am I getting old? Hair colour are not just fashion anymore. They are here to stay!
I can’t help but look closely around my eyes, to find those lines. Are they wrinkles or just lines due to excessive smiling?
And what about that much hyped body clock? Since I am going to be another feet up in my 30s scale, is it time to make most of the limited egg supply in my ovaries?
Why do comments like, “you don’t look a day older than 24 make me want to hug and dance ? I didn’t even care how I looked when I was 24!
Am I entering the time when metabolism will go downhill and I may no longer remain that skinny girl, other girls were jealous off?
Should I start dressing up more responsibly now and let go of my half a dozen hot pants and 2 dozens Ganji.. and what about that new neon pink short skirt? Will it look too girly?

Uff! Never knew getting old would get to me..

But then my hopelessly optimistic and totally hopelessly narcissistic side takes over.. And I hear my heart/brain say..

Now I am going to feel more woman(ly) then I ever did.
Now, I have the money and taste to buy the best brands of clothes, accessories and make up out there
Now, I will never be caught wearing those horrible shoes my friends used to laugh at me for
Now, I am no more a Tommy working crazy hours to impress my boss. Now I work because I like to work and tolerate no nonsense. Time has come when they need me. I am the boss!
Now, I have a wonderful husband and I understand what it is like to be a wife. I honour my priorities, my cooking time is divine and my house is no less than a white house in my eyes.
Now I am ready to take that tattoo on my face in the form of a child. I always loved dogs but now I find kids cuter. I might just grow up and commit myself to be a mother to a child ..yay!

I am more at peace than I ever was. I know more about myself than I ever did. I love more than I ever knew I was capable of and I am loved more than I even deserved. I have done a pretty decent job of growing up and I totally feel it’s an achievement to be this kind of me.. (considering my rough start as a teenager, followed by downhill slide in my 20s) having made all the choices that I made in my life so far.

I feel alive. I feel my age yet I resonate youth more than I did 10 years back.

I feel happy for the people in my life who have also been there with me since the past decades or so.. They can finally relax and enjoy the person they helped shape with their love, criticism and care.

On this birthday, I gift myself a NEW ME! A better, faster, wiser, and awesomer version of me..

Ta-da!


M


















Comments

  1. An nice expression of the foreboding that aging brings with it.
    However,I tend to disagree. Why should one change just because the earth has completed another circuit of the Sun? And who gave that particular event significance over any other? Why not from one Halley's comet to the next?
    Let's just change because we want to. Not because the moon has gone out of sight again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Definition

The Bachelorette Bash