Anxiously waiting for it to rain..

My name translates into "Rain Bearing Clouds". Apparantly , there is as whole poetry describing "Meghna" in kalidas's masterpiece Shakuntalam. Even when I am April born, my parents felt the touch of rain, the happiness one feels when one inhales the fresh scent of nature as it pours those first rain drops..And I guess, that's why my parents named me Meghna.

I love rains. I love dark dense clouds, the thunder and even lightening and the rainbow after.. Monsoon is about to hit Mumbai in 3 days and the weather has changed. The clouds have returned to cover my head  and I feel engulfed in their moist, soft embrace. I can't wait it to rain..
I can't wait to wear my shorts and rubber slippers and walk the street without my umbrella, I can't wait to get the best roasted corn on cob from the sidewalks of mumbai and cherish it with cutting tea from the dingy tea-stall.. And I wanna lean on my balcony, playing with rain, singing out loud my favorite rain songs and being every bit the quintessential Bollywood filmy heroine in the comfort of my own home.



So, God if you are reading my Blog, please make it rain soon.. Little Me wanna play!

Eagerly waiting,

M


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It took me 30+ years to be this AWESOME!

Definition

The Bachelorette Bash